AOA Seminar—Basics of Fracture Management for Theatre assistants
Goal of the seminar
The AO Alliance Seminar–Basics of Fracture Management for Theatre Assistants provides fundamental knowledge in the operative treatment of fractures according to the AO Principles.
This seminar is targeted to any theatre assistants involved in orthopedic trauma care and interested in developing knowledge and skills in operative fracture management.
The seminar structure provides didactic presentations, group discussions between participants and faculty and practical sessions. It will address
- Principles of fracture fixation
- Perioperative preparations for patients with fractures
- Nursing topics in surgical trauma care
- Basics of hygienic behavior in operating theatres
- Interaction between faculty and participants to clarify understanding
By the end of the seminar participants will be able to
- Outline AO Principles for the stabilization of fractures
- Plan appropriate care for patients in the peri-operative environment
- Formulate systems for maintaining safe standards of practice
- Care and maintain equipment used in fracture treatment
- Use professional networks to share ideas, challenge poor practice and provide support